Monday, January 5, 2015

D's First Public Art Show At The West Seattle Library


Dylan has sooo patiently waited her turn to showcase her work at the West Seattle Library.  About 9 months ago she, totally on her own, went up to the librarian and asked "Excuse me, can I please put my name on the list for the display case?  I would like to show my art."  So the Librarian ever so kindly added her name to the long list and asked her what her idea is to show.  "I would like to show girls that they can build Lego's too."  And low in behold after 9 months and a call to say it was finally our turn D stuck to her game plan.


Artist statement:  
Hello, my name is Dylan.  I’m 5 ¾ years old and I LOVE the West Seattle Library!  I’m proud to present “Create, Build, & Friendship” as my art show which I’ve made out of Legos. I’ve been playing with Legos since I was a little girl.  My inspiration was to show girls that they can build and play with Legos too ~ they aren’t just for boys.  My little sister, Asa (2yrs) built a wall of Duplo Lego’s to show Toddlers they can play as well!  Thank you for taking the time to look at my art exhibit ~ I hope you enjoy it!
~Dylan Ray Nicole Clark 


Dylan's first public art show now showing at the West Seattle Library through January 16th.  "Create, Build, and Friendship" is the name of her installation.  Stop by and take a look if you're in the neighborhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment