Monday, July 26, 2010

How To Cook A Rabbit With Dylan Childs

Uh, you'll want to get a notepad and pen to jot down this recipe - it's a good one! A few weeks ago we found this great little kitchen on Craigslist - yes, love Craigslist but not as much as D loves her new kitchen! Here's a series of photos I captured as I sat back and watched Dylan work her magic. This is all on her prompting - I think we might have a new cooking show here, move over Julia Childs here's our pilot. And just so you know there were no animals harmed in the making of this - okay maybe a little shaken up but they are still all in one piece.

How to Cook A Rabbit with your hostess Dylan Childs

"Hi, I'm Dylan Childs and welcome to my kitchen. Today I'm going to show you how to not only have fun in the kitchen but how to cook a rabbit. Oh this isn't just any old rabbit, this is my favorite little rabbit which makes this recipe all the more special and fun to make. So let's get started shall we?"

"First off, my mom always says the most important thing about cooking is to have fun. Check."

"Secondly, it's important to know your way around your kitchen and to know where all your toys, I mean tools are. Check, Check."

"And thirdly, there are times you need to be serious, like when working around hot things such as ovens. Check!"

"Okay now I'm just gathering my ingredients and equipment needed. While I'm doing that, let me introduce you to my sidekick Teddy, sitting here in my little rocking chair - he doesn't say much but he sure does like to watch."

"So in making this recipe you'll need one medium size rabbit, just like I have here in this bowl."


"Next you'll need to take the rabbit out of the bowl...

... and shake him just like this."

"Then measure out your next ingredient, ever so carefully....

... and chug it back."

"Okay, now wash your shaken rabbit real good just like this. I'm just adjusting the water temperature here so the water is just right - not too cold and not too hot."

"Next you'll wanna stick him in the oven to quickly dry him off."

"After a few minutes, carefully take him out of the oven...

... and wrap him up in a nice blanket so that he is good and dry."

"Wrap him up real good and tight...

"Now comes the fun part. It's time to do some rolling with the rolling pin. It's one of my favorite kitchen tools."

"Have I mentioned this is one of my favorite kitchen tools?"

"There really is an art to using a rolling pin."

"Okay i think I have this down."

"Now that we have the hang of how to use the rolling pin, let's roll out our rabbit."

"It's important to wash your rolling pin when done using it."

"And for our final step grab yourself a mixing bowl."

"It's time to do some whipping - look I'm really good at this!"

"Wwwweeeeeehhhhh, this is so much fun!"

"Okay folks I think that's about it for today's show. Thanks for joining in on the fun. And before we leave, let's have a dance break."



"Hope you had as much fun watching as I did making this show. Bye for now and stay tuned for the next segment coming shortly. This is Dylan Childs saying 'keep it fun!' "


"Here's our dancing rabbit video."

1 comment: