Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Christmas And Merry New Year

Oh my gosh Christmas, where do I start there are so many funnies stories! First there was the Christmas tree decorating - at one point Dylan stands back puts her hands over her mouth and says "Ooooooh, it's sooooo beautiful". I'd say the tree has been decorated about 50 times - I think she finally got it right as it's remained the same for a few days now. The tree has now become the home to many Fisher Price Little People. Everyone that comes in the house now has to look at Dylan's Christmas tree and her toddler bed - contractors included. Best of all was Christmas night dinner - we were all gathered around and I asked Dylan what she was thankful for, with out skipping a beat she says "I'm thankful for my ginie" as in v-ginie, south of the boarder - uh, we were all holding back the laughter but tears were streaming down our face. Dylan turns to Auntie Beans and says, "Auntie Beans why are you crying?". Priceless!

The making of this year's card:

So for the few Christmas's Dylan's had in her little life time, all whom are close now the stories of the failed traditional Santa pictures - I've tried, honestly. So it's become a new tradition (and more our style) to come up with more of a comical Santa photo. This year my December quickly started getting away from us as we got tied up with remodel and work. In the back of my mind I was trying to come up with this years theme. It's the first year in many that we were actually staying in Seattle so I wanted to do something to represent our home town. Since I was working Dylan's sitters had all kinds of fun festive activities lined up - one of which Madison took Dylan to the Space Needle. Dylan has been dying for months to go to the Space Needle so it was her lucky day! Apparently they had a blast - Dylan loved the elevator ride and the view from the top deck. When they got back down there was a photo booth set up. When Dylan was asked if she wanted to get her photo taken her response was "I want to do it myself". So she jumped on deck and when the photographer said "put your hands on your hips" she did exactly what she was told but only with a little sass. With each photo you are given a receipt with a code in which you use to go online and select a back drop. The original one the girls selected was a great shot of Seattle. Later when I got home I jumped online and found the Santa option and bingo there was our Christmas card. Thanks for your help Madison - turned out perfect. I then asked Dylan what she wanted to say to everyone and her response "Happy Christmas and Merry New Year". done, it was a wrap.

A Christmas flashback.....

Hawaii 2009:

Berlin 2010:

So here's to a Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you all from the Clark's.

No comments:

Post a Comment