Sunday, July 19, 2009

While in Philly

While in Philly we did a family history tour.  Momma C was born in Philly so it's always fun to go visit the old spots in growing up.  We all piled in the car and headed to go find my family's first town house, both my grandparents houses, and to go visit the grave yard where my dad's family is buried.  We also drove by my Aunt & Uncle's first house.  It was a great time.  I know this isn't directly about Dylan but it's part of her roots.



Momma C & Auntie Beans showing Lil D her Great Great Uncle Wayne's & G-pa McBride's gravestone.  They would have just loved her!


Momma C & Lil D sharing a little McBride family history.



Dylan's Great G-ma & G-pa Douglas's house.  Momma C spent many a night catching fireflies there.


Momma C's first townhouse.  I was 2 years old when we lived there.   Funny, I remember those side stairs being soooo big! ~ new owners must have shrunk them.  Also I'd listen every night for the ice creme truck to come by - I'd catch wind of the first chimes of the truck, would grab my little purse and be at the corner waiting in an instant.  I was and still am a girl who loves her ice creme.  



No comments:

Post a Comment