Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Funny Gym Story

After seeing how much Dylan loved the water in Hawaii I decided that it would be fun to join our neighborhood gym which has a pool. I was also feeling like it was time to shed those final baby pounds I'm still packing on. I looked at the schedule and saw there was a spin class I wanted to take, so Dylan and I headed down a little early to check out the daycare center. It was my first time leaving her with complete strangers so I was a little nervous (okay really nervous), plus I wasn't sure how she was going to be. I gave ourselves plenty of time just in case. We walked in, introduced ourselves, and looked around. I was asked to fill out some paperwork so I put Dylan on the ground by my feet. As I was filling out the paperwork I looked down to see D crawling towards the middle of the play area, not even looking back. I quickly finished and for a moment wasn't sure what to do.... 'do I say goodbye?', 'do I just leave?'... I figured she seemed pretty darn happy and wasn't concerned about me what so ever so I left. I got a glimpse at what parents must go through having to go back to work or the first day of kindergarden. Let me tell you, it was the longest hour of spin class ever (okay for more reasons than just leaving Dylan but that's a different story)! After class I hurried back to the daycare room, which was only two doors down. I wasn't sure what to expect as I walked through the door. But of course being the mellow girl that she is, I found Dylan laying on the floor sucking on a ball as content as can be. The women running the place all came over to me and assured me that we have one happy kid and that she was great the entire time I was away. I leaned over D and said hello, she looked at me and smiled which melted my heart! Maybe she didn't miss me but she was happy to see me. As we walked out Dylan waved goodbye to all her new friends.

We then went down and put on our bathing suits and hopped in the pool. Let's just say I'm not sure if Dylan like the water or all the people in the pool more. She was waving and smiling to everyone - lifeguard, people walking around, and the woman swimming laps next to us (kept cracking her up each time she swam by). She had a great time splashing and kicking. AND when we got home all that swimming and playing made for a good long nap!!!! It was PERFECT. Now I can feel comfortable leaving her so I can get in a little exercise, she gets to have fun with all the kiddo's in the little daycare, go swimming, and while she's taking a good ol' long nap I can get a few things done around the house. Wow, why didn't we think of doing this sooner.


1 comment:

  1. She’s a true Clark baby. Doesn't look back!

    Just wait until school starts! You have a couple of years before that happens, though. :)

    ReplyDelete