Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Santa Jeff, a Little Hula Girl, & An Elf Named Jill



Well here's a very funny story. Before leaving for Hawaii I thought as a mom I should start the traditional Santa pictures. You know get a shot every year of all the stages - the screaming sitting on a scary man's lap, the "wow, I'm going to make a good impression on this guy so I can get everything on my list", and the "oh god, I'm way to old to be sitting on this guys lap, hope none of my friends see me!" - all good, classic stages, all making for a good laugh and it's part of history - right? So since we were spending Dylan's first Christmas in Hawaii I asked Auntie Jill to search for a good Hawaiian Santa - you know to go with the theme of Christmas in Hawaii. Jill and her friends searched for a good one and had it all lined up. Little did anyone know, apparently Hawaiian Santa's stop working on the 22nd and we got in on the 23rd! After our plane landed we headed over to Santa's village to check it all out. We saw the schedule was only until the 22nd but thought oh for sure he's still working! So the next day (24th) we headed down and nope, no Santa. "Oh crap, (pardon my french) I've failed as a mother!!!". So Auntie Jill and friends got on the horn searching the island for a Santa, but no luck. "Double crap!!!!" I thought. So we quickly came up with plan b. One of the farm Wolfer's (work trade person) had a beard and was totally into being our Santa guinea pig - THANK YOU JEFF, is all this mom can say! Everyone searched their closets and we came up with a Santa outfit - okay it's a little pathetic but on such short noticed it had to do. Jeff got really into it, even came up with the idea of putting flour in his beard to make it white. He was a trooper! So after Christmas brunch and D's morning nap we loaded up the car and headed down to Santa's little workshop in the strip mall - thank goodness it was still up. And since it was christmas we had the whole place to ourselves. We got in an entire photo shoot - thank goodness d's dad is a photographer! At first d wasn't so into it - I think she wasn't quite awake from her nap so the actual Santa's workshop shots came out just okay but then we headed out to an open space where they had a big Christmas tree decorated. Jill and I found this very cute little hula outfit at Target of all places. By this time Dylan was waking up and totally into the photo shoot.


Thanks Santa Jeff! What a trooper let me tell you.




So now we have Dylan's first picture with Santa. Next year I'll be first in line at Santa's little workshop, that's for sure!!!! Thank you all for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment