Thursday, June 3, 2010

Getting Ready For Ratpod - A Race Around Town


Me and my girl at the library.

Today we had a break in our rainy weather so Dylan and I took full advantage of it and got out for our first training ride for RATPOD. RATPOD is a ride that Matt and I have been doing for years now to raise money for Camp Mak-A-Dream - it's an amazing camp that provides a cost free, super fun experience for kids, teens, and women with cancer. For one week they come from all over the globe to Montana and meet others going through the same experience they are. And for that week they get to forget they are sick and just have a good time. If you are interested in learning more about Camp Mak-A-Dream visit their website at www.campdream.org. And if you are interested in making a donation - http://www.firstgiving.com/christineclark2

This year RATPOD is June 26th. Coming up you say, yea, uh, I know! I'm a little behind in training - like uh, well, okay to this point I haven't trained at all. So today I loaded up our new bike trailer with water, snacks, toys and little d and off we went. We buzzed all over West Seattle running errands - library, bike shop, post office. Dylan had a great time - singing and waving the whole way. She was even a trooper as at one point I turned around to find her helmet had slipped over her eyes - she just kept singing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment