Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh What They Come Up With


A few funny stories:

So tonight Dylan and I are having dinner (Matt's working late). Dylan asks to be excused after taking a few bites (her latest trick to then say she's starving right before bedtime). I ask her to take a few more bits, which she does cramming it all into her mouth, which then of course she gags and there is a massive exit now coming from her mouth which then turns into a full on gusher of ... well you can guess, which then keeps on coming and is now all over the table, floor, and Dylan herself - and it keeps coming. After we finally get the flood gates to stop flowing I ask Dylan if she's okay (as this all was a little weird) and she says "I ok, I just ate too much breakfast and dinner and my tummy got over full. I need Dad to rock-a-rock me and I'll be okay.". Okay the girl barely ate today. I really tried not to crack up as the girl was dripping with puke but come on - my tummy got over full, classic!

The other day Matt got a small puffy envelope in the mail - Dylan spotted it and said "hey Mom, we got a package, let's open it." I told her it was for her dad and that she'd have to wait. She then turns around and says "Hey Mom, I'm thinking it's underwear." Uh, like her dad gets underwear in the mail all the time! I got a good laugh over that one. But perhaps she knows something I don't - is there a Victoria's Secret for men?

Dylan's latest saying is "Hey Mom, I have an idea. I'm thinking...."

When I tuck her into bed at night she says "I can't wait until I wake up so that I can sneak up and climb into your bed." And sure enough every night at some point I hear the pidder-padder of little feet, she puts her water bottle on my night stand, climbs over the top of me, and climbs down under the covers between Matt and me and says "Hi Dad" and then passes out hogging the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment