Monday, January 5, 2015

Oh God?!



Yesterday Dylan had her good friend, Avery over for a playdate.  After hours of playing it was time to take Avery home.  The two girls were in the "back back" (as Dylan calls our 3rd row) singing "Starships" like a couple of teenagers when Dylan asks “Mom, how did the very first person get on the earth?”  I’m like “uh…. how do you think?” (really thinking where the heck did this come from? and how do I answer this one!)  “God, put the first person on the earth” D says very proudly and matter a factly.  Then launches into telling Avery “first it was God, then cave people, then dinosaurs…. and did you know New York was the very first city in the United States, then Seattle.  and at one point New York and Seattle were in a war but they worked it out and became friends.  It’s true.  I know all this because my friend Lila told me and she knows this for real.”  - I’m officially stupid, perhaps I should just throw in the towel now - or perhaps talk to Lila more as apparently she “knows everything but not as much as Genya (dylan’s teacher)” to quote Dylan.  Then D says “Hey Mom, turn up the stereo.  Avery this is the Dino 5, they play hip-hop - do you know the Dino 5?”  Avery says “No but I need to have it."

No comments:

Post a Comment