Tuesday, September 11, 2012

And Then Comes Along Number 2

Yes it's true, number 2 is soon to arrive 12.12.12 - okay fingers crossed we keep that date!  We are all excited, especially the big sister!  Every day Dylan rubs my belly, talks to the baby, and tells me how big my boobs are getting - ha!  She loves to stick stuffed animals and toys up my shirt for the baby to play with (as if it's not big enough already), asks complete strangers if they'd like to talk to "her baby" in my tummy, and loves to pull up my dress at Pike Place Market for all to see my belly (and more).  It's so great how excited she is.  We've all decided to keep the sex a secret - figured if it's a boy Dylan will be dressing him in pink tutu's so it doesn't really matter, plus we thought it would be a lovely little surprise.  Ask Dylan if she wants a brother or a sister and she will tell you 'it's a surprise'.  So far our names are I-spy and Honey-pie and maybe Baby Sweet Pea. 

The other day I said to Dylan "I need to show you how to change a diaper so you can learn for your baby."  She says "Mom, I already know how to change a diaper and feed a bottle, duh."  I've also taught her the most important rule about babies "never wake a sleeping baby." 

So it's safe to say what we will be doing this year for Christmas! If you're in town for the Holidays come on by, Dylan will show you her new brother or sister and how to change a diaper.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Fun to hear Dylan's thoughts and comments on the matter.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides you and and Matt being the best mom and dad, I have no doubt Dylan is going to be the best sister EVER!

    ReplyDelete