Friday, June 21, 2013

Newest Library Member

If anyone knows Dylan then you know how much she loves the library! We are there all the time checking out piles and piles of books. We max out my card quite often so I thought it was time for D to get her own card. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her she was going to get her own card!  She ran around telling everyone.  So the big day came.  I got the girls ready and packed in the car - which is quite an accomplishment!  We start driving up the alley when I hear Asa throwing up and I'm not talking a little spit up.  So I throw the car into reverse and we go home.  Miss d was sooooo bummed.  We got Asa cleaned up and she was her smiley happy self so we attempted again this time not even making it to the car before the poor girl was at it again.  I told Dylan it wasn't going to happen today - poor D!  So Sunday came, all seemed well, Matt was back home and we all decided to go.  Being the big girl that she is Dylan took her application - which she signed herself - walked up to the library and said "I would like my own library card please."  Then we walked to the shelves, grabbed a few books and taught D to check them out "all by myself."  She was very happy that day.  She kept asking Matt and I - "are you so proud of me for getting my own library card?"  Which of course we are.



No comments:

Post a Comment